Business Development Leader
in New York, NY
The Business Development Lead – Business Unit Lead is a dynamic and highly experienced hands-on business development leader who will play an integral role in developing and executing Williams Lea Tag’s growth strategy to achieve business development strategic objectives, identify and drive generation of new business opportunities, establish, build, and maintain a pipeline of potential new customers and deliver significant revenues. This position will lead a team of business development representatives and be accountable for achieving an individual annual sales target as well as the sales targets of their direct reports.
- Number and title(s) of direct reports (if any): 2-4 VP, Business Development; Director, Business Development
- Received: SVP, Communications Supply Chain or SVP, Marketing Supply Chain
(* denotes an “essential function”)
- In partnership with the designated SVP in assigned business unit, plan, direct and set the strategic direction of the business development team.
- Identify, qualify and track targeted opportunities for the company to achieve growth in targeted markets and with targeted clients, in alignment with corporate business strategy.
- Design and articulate complex business solutions into saleable solutions to prospective new customers.
- Substantially grow and maintain a pipeline of viable prospective new customers/opportunities.
- Project-manage client opportunities – including RFP processes, consultancy reviews, and audit activities.
- Manage client opportunities through to closure as the business development lead.
- Meet or exceed individual annual sales target.
- Effectively coach, mentor and train business development team, within assigned division, in meeting or exceeding their annual sales targets and driving growth through strategic and creative methods.
- Manage the selection, induction, development, retention, motivation and performance of direct reports.
- Manage the business development’s team’s sales performance including establishing clear and measurable development goals, setting business objectives and financial targets, establishing priorities, and providing ongoing performance feedback
- Share knowledge, best practices and solution designs within assigned business unit to ensure continuous business improvement
- Collaborate with all internal functional teams (HR/IT/Finance/Marketing), Operations, Solutions and executive team in order to ensure that customer needs are met and new initiatives are being delivered
- Keep abreast of industry, economic/business trends and advancements that may affect potential new business opportunities, and apply knowledge in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with bid support to ensure all business development documents have useful content, are high quality, brand compliant, and delivered on deadline
- Work with marketing to research and write capability papers and case studies*
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications related discipline
- At least five years of demonstrated business development/sales experience preferably in a BPO or professional consulting business environment
- Demonstrated success in overachieving Business Targets.
- At least three years of people management experience or leading sales/business development teams.
- Ability to usher a deal from prospect through deal close.
- Experience writing sales proposals and/or business documents
- Experience in overseeing complex projects involving large teams
- Previous exposure to the RFP process
- Demonstrated ability collaborating with business and functional partners to build consensus on matters of significance and overcome obstacles
- Ability to achieve success with minimal oversight in a sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Fluent communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability coupled with superior speaking and presentation skills. Candidate must be able to articulate the value of WLT BPO Services.
- Honest and ethical with an impeccable reputation in the industry
- Flexibility to multi-task and to perform a wide range of activities while being self-directed, self-motivated, and self-managed, even when operating outside of core focus
- Team player with a relationship focused personality and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong business and financial acumen with analytical ability to assess the business and drive the organization forward
- Demonstrated ability to create and foster a highly energized sales and metrics-driven culture that enables and expects high performance
- Able to lead tactically as well as strategically
- Collaborative team player and strong desire to achieve results while respecting the company’s core values framework
- Results-driven coach, mentor and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives results through teamwork and individual performance improvement