Document Production Workflow Coordinator
in New York, NY
The Document Services Supervisor is a member of the on-site Williams Lea team delivering exceptional customer service at our client locations. Responsibilities include supervising document creation and editing, document repair and recovery, and providing MS Word expertise.
- Create or edit legal documents to specifications using expert word processing and advanced software knowledge.
- Transcribe tapes, scan and clean documents, and convert documents to/from different software packages is required.
- Utilize software specific to the legal industry, such as Interwoven, Legal MacPac, etc. to execute tasks.
- Use document comparison software, red-lining, and general editing to correct legal documents as directed.
- Produce financial statements, charts, graphs, mail merges, tables, presentations, letters, and other documents as requested.
- Recover/restore corrupted document files when needed.
- Coordinate workflow within the team, including prioritizing jobs and delegating duties to associates.
- Monitor work flow to ensure jobs are completed efficiently, accurately and within deadlines.
- Review the work of other team members as part of the quality assurance (QA) procedure.
- Assess incoming requests selecting the best resources for successful completion.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Train new employees on policies and procedures.
- Communicate with manager and client on job or deadline issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in a legal document production / word processing environment.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word, including formatting documents, understanding the Styles function, and the ability to create macros is required.
- Expert MS Excel and PowerPoint skills needed.
- Knowledge of a legal timekeeping or job tracking system is preferred.
- Experience leading and directing employees.
- Skilled at building and motivating a team.
- Ability to make independent decisions and use problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
It is the policy of Williams Lea Tag to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Williams Lea Tag is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.