Lead Legal Document Specialist - Wheeling, WV
in Wheeling, WV
The Lead Legal Document Specialist is a member of the on-site Williams Lea team delivering exceptional customer service at our client locations. Responsibilities include document creation and editing, document repair and recovery, providing MS Word expertise and providing support to management staff.
- Create and edit legal documents to client specifications using applicable software.
- Transcribe tapes, scan and clean documents, and convert documents to/from different file formats.
- Use document comparison software, red-lining, and general editing to correct legal documents as directed.
- Produce spreadsheets, charts, graphs, mail merges, tables, presentations, and other documents as requested.
- Recover/restore corrupted document files when needed.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Communicate with manager and client on job or deadline issues.
- Act as a liaison between client and team in the absence of a supervisor.
- Assist supervisor with any supervisory tasks.
- Assist trainer with the training and development of new hires and refresher training of existing employees.
- Oversee document processing assignments in the absence of the supervisor.
- Complete administrative tasks and assignments as assigned by management.
· Adhere to Williams Lea policies in addition to client site policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a legal document production environment preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, including formatting documents with Styles, and generating table of contents and table of authorities.
- MS Word certification preferred but not required.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm is preferred.
- Knowledge of a legal timekeeping or job tracking system is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and as an independent operator.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Legal experience preferred but not required.