VP, Business Development
in New York, NY
- The VP, Business Development is a dynamic and highly experienced hands-on new business leader who will play an integral role in developing and executing Williams Lea Tag’s growth strategy to achieve its’ new business strategic objectives, identify/qualify and close generation of opportunities, establish/build/maintain a pipeline of potential new customers and deliver significant revenues with primary emphasis on new logo’s.
(* denotes an “essential function”)
- *Identify, qualify and track targeted opportunities for the company to achieve growth in targeted markets and with targeted clients, in alignment with corporate business strategy.
- *Design and articulate complex business solutions into saleable solutions to prospective new customers.
- *Substantially grow and maintain a pipeline of viable prospective new customers and associated opportunities.
- *Manage client opportunities – including RFP processes, consultancy reviews, and audit activities.
- Meet or exceed individual annual sales objectives.
- Share knowledge, best practices and solution designs within assigned business unit to ensure continuous business improvement
- Collaborate with all internal functional teams (HR/IT/Finance/Marketing), Operations, Solutions and executive team in order to ensure that customer needs are met and new initiatives are being delivered
- Keep abreast of industry, economic/business trends and advancements that may affect potential new business opportunities, and apply knowledge in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with bid support to ensure all business development documents have useful content, are high quality, brand compliant, and delivered on deadline
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
Remote - up to 50% travel may be required
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications related discipline
- At least five years of demonstrated business development/sales experience preferably in a Business Process Outsourcing or professional services, technology consulting business environment. Experience with large scale outsourcing/BPO contracts preferred.
- Demonstrated success in overachieving Business/Sales Targets.
- Understands the Customer Communications Lifecycle, specifically the underlying technologies, staffing support models and workflows.
- Proven ability to access the c-suite within a Client environment, developing the appropriate Client relationship to successfully drive opportunities through the sales process.
- Experience writing/reviewing sales proposals and/or business documents
- Experience in overseeing complex projects involving large, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated expertise in driving through an RFP process
- Demonstrated ability collaborating with business and functional partners to build consensus on matters of significance and overcome obstacles
- Ability to achieve success with minimal oversight in a sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Expertise in working in a Salesforce.com CRM solutions environment.
- Fluent communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability coupled with superior speaking and presentation skills.
- Honest and ethical with an impeccable reputation in the industry
- Flexibility to multi-task and to perform a wide range of activities while being self-directed, self-motivated, and self-managed, even when operating outside of core focus
- Team player with a relationship focused personality and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong business and financial acumen with analytical ability to assess the business and drive the organization forward
- Demonstrated ability to create and foster a highly energized sales and metrics-driven culture that enables and expects high performance
- Able to influence others
- Collaborative team player and strong desire to achieve results while respecting the company’s core values framework